There will be no major changes regarding in-store payments, since a PIN is already required for purchases exceeding the country’s CVM limit. From now on the terminal may ask for a PIN for payments below this limit as well. Specifically, for cumulative amounts of €150 for contactless transactions performed without online PIN verification.
Articles in this section
- Consumer rights when making payments
- What types of card can I accept?
- What is PSD2?
- What is SCA?
- What is 3D Secure?
- What local payment methods are accepted by Viva Wallet for e-commerce?
- What are my rights when making payments in Europe?
- Is there a Viva Wallet mobile application?
- A card payment has shown as 'failed'. Why did this happen?
- I've set up Viva Wallet for WooCommerce on demo. I tested a card payment but received the error 'please try again'?