This sophisticated solution is intended for merchants with development experience or developers working on behalf of merchants. It has technical elements that are best suited to those with experience in website development and e-commerce payment integration. Its main advantage is it integrates directly with your e-commerce website without customers being redirected to a Viva Wallet page for payment.
Native Checkout v2 has 3DS support which provides stronger security for both merchants and cardholders. Merchants have the ability to request cardholder authentication from issuers, therefore minimising fraud exposure. Cardholders with 3DS-enrolled cards can be certain that no transactions will be authorised without their consent. Native Checkout v2 has the added benefit that it integrates directly with your e-commerce website without customers being redirected to a Viva Wallet page for payment.
Before you start
The demo environment has a base URL of
https://demo-api.vivapayments.com/ and for the live environment it’s
https://api.vivapayments.com/. You need jQuery to integrate Native Checkout v2. For information on how to generate an access token, see OAuth 2 token generation on our Authentication page.
- Create an account with Viva Wallet, if you do not already have one. There are two types:
– Sandbox/demo account, for testing purposes
– Production/live account, for payments in the real world.
- Log in to your demo account or live account.
- Complete our Request access token procedure.
- Make a note of your access token which will expire after 3600 seconds (one hour). Include a function in your code that repeats step 3 above programmatically before each expiry.
- Create a payment source selecting Redirection/Native Checkout v2 as the integration method.
Integration flow diagram
The below sequence diagram outlines the Native Checkout v2 integration procedure from beginning to end.
Find out more
For a detailed step-by-step guide to implementing our Native Checkout v2 solution, please visit Integration flow instructions on the Viva Wallet Developer Portal.