This is a custom API to request charge tokens and to perform 3D-Secure cardholder authentication. For native applications – using a backend channel – the same functionality can be achieved as with Native Checkout v2 3DS. However, a browser is required for displaying the card issuer’s authentication window to the user.
Before you start
The demo environment has a base URL of
https://demo-api.vivapayments.com/ and for the live environment it’s
For information on how to generate an access token, see OAuth 2 token generation on our Authentication page.
- Create an account with Viva Wallet, if you do not already have one. There are two types:
– Sandbox/demo account, for testing purposes
– Production/live account, for payments in the real world.
- Log in to your demo account or live account.
- Complete our Request access token procedure.
- Make a note of your access token which will expire after 3600 seconds (one hour). Include a function in your code that repeats step 3 above programmatically before each expiry.
- Create a payment source selecting Redirection/Native Checkout v2 as the integration method.
Find out more
For further information, please go to API calls on the Viva Wallet Developer Portal.