Viva Wallet uses tokenization to collect sensitive card details directly from your customers securely. We return a token representing this information for your server to use. This ensures that sensitive card data is kept safe, and allows your integration to operate in a PCI-compliant way.
Before you start
The demo environment has a base URL of
https://demo-api.vivapayments.com/ and for the live environment it’s
For information on how to generate an access token, see OAuth 2 token generation on our Authentication page.
- Create an account with Viva Wallet, if you do not already have one. There are two types:
– Sandbox/demo account, for testing purposes
– Production/live account, for payments in the real world.
- Log in to your demo account or live account.
- Complete our Request access token procedure.
- Make a note of your access token which will expire after 3600 seconds (one hour). Include a function in your code that repeats step 3 above programmatically before each expiry.
- Create a payment source selecting Redirection/Native Checkout v2 as the integration method.
Integration flow diagram
The below sequence diagram outlines the Card Tokenization procedure from beginning to end.
Find out more
For a detailed step-by-step guide to integrating with our Card Tokenization API, please visit Integration flow instructions on the Viva Wallet Developer Portal.