Preauthorize a transaction
Open the Viva Terminal App on your card terminal or mobile device, and follow the below steps:
Select the "Charge" option at the bottom left hand-side of the screen and "Preauth" option.
2. Enter the amount and press the "Preauthorise" button.
3. Tap the card close to the device. Once a successful transaction is completed, you can choose to print or share the receipt.
Capture/Cancel a pre-authorized transaction
Open the Viva Terminal app on your card terminal or mobile device, and follow the
Select the "Capture" option at the middle bottom of the screen.
A pre-authorized transaction can be captured either by selecting the specific transaction from the transaction history, or by reading the card that was originally used.
3. Upon choosing the desired transaction, 3 options appear:
b. *Release (Cancel the preauthorization)
c. Send receipt
4. Select "Capture" and enter the amount to be charged which can be up to the full amount of the pre-authorized transaction. Tap on "Continue" and confirm by choosing "Capture".
5. Once the capture is completed, you can either print or send the receipt to the cardholder.
The cancellation of the pre-authorization may take place on the same day of the pre-authorized transaction.