The 2nd European Payment Services Directive (PSD2) is a set of changes that regulates electronic payments across the EU and affects Payment Service Providers, Merchants and Consumers. PSD2 requires, among others, enhanced measures to improve the security level of electronic payments in order to further protect the user of payment services from potential fraud. Under this scope, a new requirement for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) has been introduced.
Articles in this section
- Consumer rights when making payments
- What is PSD2?
- What is SCA?
- What is 3D Secure?
- When are PSD2 SCA controls enforced?
- How does 3D Secure work?
- What about the card present transaction? How is this going to affect my store payments?
- I have a Viva wallet card terminal, do I have to do anything?
- What is changing in E-Commerce Payments?
- What does the online payment process look like for my customers?