You should recover a card if:
- you receive a pick-up response via the card terminal (POS) following a card being entered or swiped for authorization and/or
- card security features are missing or irregular or appear tampered with and/or
- the account number on the magnetic stripe does not match the number embossed on the front of the card.
In such cases:
- in case of a pick-up response, tell the cardholder you have been instructed to keep the card, and that he or she may call the card issuer for more information
- remain calm and courteous. Recover the card only if you can do so safely. Never take unnecessary risks, i.e. if the cardholder behaves in a threatening manner, return the card immediately
- in presence of the cardholder cut the card vertically in the magnetic stripe and punch a hole in the chip
- send destroyed card to Viva Wallet for further action.